Hi! Thanks for visiting my site. I discovered my passion for writing when I was forty-three years old, and now, I can’t imagine my life without it. This has been an amazing journey, and I’m beyond thrilled that you’ve taken the time to come here to learn about me and my books. I live with my awesome husband and teenage twin boys in Fountain Hills, Arizona.
Some bits about my background:
- I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona.
- I was a competitive swimmer.
- I went to college at the U. S. Naval Academy.
- I flew nine years as a navy helicopter pilot, spending time in the western Pacific, Southeast Asia, the Persian Gulf, and San Diego. I also flew search and rescue for three years in Fallon, Nevada, my favorite job to date!
- My husband and I spent a year living in France following our military days. It’s one of my favorite places.
- I worked four years in the corporate world, and for the last sixteen years, my husband and I have run our own triathlon coaching business—Camelback Coaching. So when I’m not writing, you’ll find me on a pool deck teaching adults to swim.
- I enjoy outdoor sports—trail running, rock climbing, backcountry skiing, and pretty much anything off the beaten path.
- But most of all, I love writing.
Anne A. Wilson is the author of Hover and Clear to Lift. She was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, and graduated from the United States Naval Academy with a degree in ocean engineering. She served nine years active duty as a navy helicopter pilot, including deployment to the Persian Gulf, along with three years of flying search and rescue, where she specialized in high altitude, technical mountain rescue. Following her military service, she worked for four years in the semiconductor industry. Currently, she and her husband own a triathlon coaching company, Camelback Coaching. Anne lives in Fountain Hills, Arizona, with her husband and two sons.